Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm just saying...there are some reason's to not walk

I just read this article on aol news:

Man in Coma after Central Park Horror

(July 30) -- A young engineer for Google was in a coma in a New York
hospital Wednesday night after a heavy branch fell from a tree in Central Park
at hit him on the head, local newspapers reported.
Sasha Blair-Goldensohn,
33, was walking through the park on his way to work around 8 a.m. Wednesday when
the rotting branch fell on him, the New
York Daily News
said.
"This is just horrifying," said professor Kathy
McKeown, Blair-Goldensohn's adviser in graduate school, in an interview with the New York Post. "Sasha is a great guy, a wonderful person, and
you just can't imagine something like this happening."

There are ALOT of tree's in New England...I'm not sure I can
chance it. I have to tell you that about 2 years ago a young boy was
killed in Bristol while at Lake Compounce Theme Park after a 4 inch tree branch
fell out of a tree and hit him.

1 comment:

  1. someone died here, too, when a branch fell on him at Old Town. and everyday when i USED to read the newspaper, you'd be surprised how many people are killed or injured in the crosswalks. (some jaywalking, many crossing with the walk signal). i myself have almost been creamed in a crosswalk. just remember: just because you are driving a car and you're bigger than me, please respect my life, too. :)

    ReplyDelete